Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day Twenty Six – Lenten Devotionals 2010

God’s Word: "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?” (Matthew 16:25-26)

The Supreme Weapon: Joseph Tson, the evangelical dissident in Communist Romania, was often summoned before government officers who used every tactic to break his faith in Christ. Once, being interrogated at Ploiesti, an officer threatened to kill him.

“Sir,” replied Tson, “let me explain how I see this issue. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying.

“Here is how it works. You know that my sermons on tape have spread all over the country. If you kill me, those sermons will be sprinkled with my blood. Everyone will know I died for my preaching. And everyone who has a tape will pick it up and say, ‘I’d better listen again to what this man preached, because he really meant it; he sealed it with his life.’

“So, sir, my sermons will speak ten times louder than before. I will actually rejoice in this supreme victory if you kill me.” The officer sent Tson home. - Morgan

Quote: There came a day when George Mueller died, utterly died! No longer did his own desires, preferences, and tastes come first. He know that from then on Christ must be all in all.—George Mueller, when asked the secret of his victorious Christian life.


“And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, "Write, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them.” (Revelation 14:13)


No comments: