Monday, February 18, 2008

Lent Season Daily Devotional (Day Eleven)

Pastor Latt


“May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.” (Galatians 6:14).

INSPIRATION: A pastor was going through a crisis. His little daughter who was paralyzed was sitting in her chair as he entered the house with a package for his wife. Giving his daughter a big kiss he asked, "where is Mother?" "Upstairs," She replied. " Well, I have something for her" "Let me carry it to Mother" said the daughter. "Why, Minnie dear, how can you carry this package? You cannot carry yourself". With a big smile, the child replied, "Oh no Papa, but if you give it to me, then I will carry the packages and you can carry me". God spoke softly to his heart that this was his own position. He was carrying his burden, but wasn’t the Lord also carrying him?

MEDITATION: Seeing Jesus hanging on the cross and seeing blood and water pour from his side is not an attractive sight. But we put this on our walls - because the message to us is clear - we are healed by his wounds. You might compare it to donating blood. It isn’t pretty getting poked with a needle. It hurts. But it also gives someone else life.


PRAYER: Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!Thou art the Potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still. Amen.

No comments: