Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lent Season Daily Devotional (Day Twelve)

Pastor Latt

“For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake..” (Philippians 1:29)

INSPIRATION: The hymnwriter Fanny Crosby gave us more than 8000 Gospel songs. Although blinded at the age of 6 weeks, she never held any bitterness in her heart because of it. Once a preacher sympathetically remarked, “I think it is a great pity that the Master did not give you sight when He showered so many other gifts upon you.”

She replied quickly, “Do you know that if at birth I had been able to make one petition, it would have been that I should be born blind?” “Why?” asked the surprised clergyman. “Because when I get to Heaven, the first face that shall ever gladden my sight will be that of my Savior!”


MEDITATION: What are the blindness in my life to see the glory of God? Anger? Refusal to forgive? Self-righteous? Pride? Money? Am I willing to acknowledge there is sin in my life? Then ask God to heal our spiritual blindness.


PRAYER: Pray God to forgive our sins. Pray God for the people around us to receive spiritual blessings. Pray for the sick and poor to get mercy from God. Give thanks to God for creation us in His image.

No comments: